Monday, October 20, 2014

New House, New Hubby, New Holes...

Wow what a difference a year can make! Bryce and I have officially been in our home a year, and in that year we have gotten married and have completed some renovations to our town home. Most people would have thought a wedding would have been enough to plan, but we added in some upgrades to our kitchen and completely re-doing our downstairs flooring. Oh and did I mention that we ripped all of the carpet out ourselves? Yeah that was a task in itself!

In the past year, I have had to take in a cat and Bryce had to accept my mouthy little dog. I am not a cat person to say the least. I guess you could say Dallas (the cat) and I have come to terms with living together, or at least as much as you can with a cat.

Our wedding was amazing and more than I could have ever dreamed of. I had both my sisters standing by my side as I married my best friend and one of the cutest ring bearers that has ever existed! What more could a girl ask for?

   
 
After the wedding, Bryce and I got back to our normal lives and started planning the next thing we wanted to do. Renovations to the town home! We both wanted to upgrade to granite counter tops, and I really wanted to do hardwood floors throughout the downstairs. We started pricing everything and got it all picked out. Within a week of getting the process started we had construction workers coming out to do a template of the counter tops, and another team to do an estimate on our floors. We started moving all of our furniture either upstairs or into our garage so we could start taking up the carpet. And that was when tragedy struck! Remember that little mouthy dog? Well he decided that the couch that we had just bought about six months ago was now in his garage and should be deemed as his bed. I came home to the pillows showing scratch marks and a hole in one of the back pillows! The scratch marks aren't too bad, but the stuffing was being pulled out the pillow no more than five minutes prior to me getting home since the edge of the pillow was wet from doggy slobber.
 
 
Don't let the sleepy look fool you.
 
 
I couldn't even look at Elliot, I was so mad. I am pretty sure he was glad that our floors got installed the next day because I couldn't stay mad when I was so excited about the floors! I am still trying to figure out if I should get a replacement pillow or just try to stitch it up and call it a day. I really think this poor couch is destined to have a hard life since the first day we got it Bryce cut it with a box blade as he was getting it out of the packaging. That was something he didn't tell me about until months later when I found it and thought the cat had done the damage. I am sure Dallas is thankful that Bryce owned up to that one...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment