Friday, October 31, 2014

Wifely Duties

Bryce is making the transition in his job from being a financial analyst to a full financial planner. This whole process started in July (right before our wedding!), where he is slowly decreasing his salary and going to straight commissions. We are about halfway there! By the end of December he will no longer be bringing in any guaranteed money. Talk about scary.

Through this transition, I am trying to be as helpful as possible. He has to work a lot of late nights and is out of the house some mornings before I even wake up. It has put a strain on us because we aren't seeing each other as much as we were used to, but we are making it work. Date nights have become more of a necessity even if it is only cooking dinner together and watching one of our TV shows.

With him taking on more at work, the transition also means more wifely duties for me. I got an email from Bryce about two weeks ago from one of his co-workers stating that she needs the company Christmas cards from everyone by Thanksgiving. My first response was, "Ummm... what Christmas cards?". In the email she even designated this assignment to the "wives" of the planners. Oh geez, thanks... Come to find out, we are now going to be doing Christmas cards for his clients. I am just thankful that I was given a heads up. So trying to be the good, supportive, new wife, I started researching where we could get the best deal on the cards. Bryce and I picked out a picture from our wedding that we wanted to use so I just had to find the format. I looked on a lot of different websites and came across Walgreens running a 50% off coupon for photo cards. Of course they are pushing their Halloween themed ones, but I didn't care. I found the perfect one and ordered away. When I got to Walgreens to pick them up, the man behind the photo counter laughed at me! He said, "This must be your first time, huh?". I just had to laugh because of course he was right. This was my first time ordering Christmas cards and yes I am way ahead of schedule; but I felt like I couldn't pass up that kind of coupon! So what if I am two months early, at least I have them done and ready for the holiday season.

Now I just have to start addressing all of them...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment