Monday, October 27, 2014

Swapping Cars

I kind of feel bad when Bryce and I have to swap cars for the day. I drive a little hatchback Kia that tends to run on the filthy side with going to the barn everyday, and Bryce drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee that he keeps very clean. This past weekend we had to swap cars so I could tow the horse trailer to my show; which meant that Bryce was stuck with the Kia all day on Saturday. He really tries not to complain, but there comes a breaking point when he just can't take it anymore.

I got home fairly late Saturday evening considering I was out before 8am that morning. I was exhausted and working on a good headache by the time I walked through the door. The first thing I noticed was that my loving husband had already started on dinner. He knew I had a long day. One of the first things he said to me was "did you notice your car?". As soon as he said that, I knew he had worked hard on cleaning my car for me. I, of course, had not noticed as I walked past it in the garage with my head pounding.

It is an ongoing joke with the girls at the barn about our cars. We all understand that it is impossible to keep them clean especially when we all bring our dogs with us. The mud and muck sticks to our clothes, shoes, and dogs so therefore it all gets brought into our cars with us no matter how hard we try. I have promised Bryce to try to not let it get that bad again, but maybe that just means I need him to drive my car more often. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment