Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Rusty's

No, I am not talking about my rusty bronco. I am referring to the family owned local deli restaurant near our home when we were growing up.  That place was a dive, but it was so good!! They did finally renovate it and get rid of the green walls and started selling craft beers (now I think this is so cool, but back then I didn't think twice about it). It was a special occasion when mom and dad would take us there and my go to sandwich was the steak and cheese.  

Flash forward many years and many other lacking steak and cheese disappointing sandwiches later... I have found my new home.  

We took the boys to eat there yesterday and tried out a "new to us" restaurant.  This sandwich may not look like much to you, but it tasted "right" and brought back so many memories and I hope maybe my boys will love this steak and cheese and maybe we found our go to place, since the 3 hour drive to Rustys isn't likely. 
YUM! 

2 comments:

  1. I have been telling Bryce that I am in need of a throwback Philly cheese steak soon!!

    ReplyDelete